Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Some poetic muse

If i am edmund, you are the sherpa
the dark one – unseen in the shadows
with a pianoed smile of god
a friend with a rope

edmund got his fifty years of fame
and you the customary fifteen
but it was on you tenzing that edmund hedged his bets
the mountain man with lungs that breathed ice
the dark one – unseen in the shadows
with the pianoed smile of god
on the verge of heaven, edmund knocked the bugger off
the new greek -
forever concreted in myth

but you the dark one unseen in the shadows
smiling – holding the rope, atop everest
-kinda seemed like you'd been there before somehow

to christ my sherpa, my god, my guide
carry the load – you are the way
keep on...till we knock the buggar off......


(reflection on 'thou wilt show me the path of life - ' psalm 16)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are an amazing artist of the original wordy kind. My limited ability to express myself can't find the vocabulary to say thankyou in a suitable manner.
Be encouraged to keep writing in your own style. I love it,earthy man.

9:48 pm  
Blogger esmerelda said...

Dave, you are the reason the word 'cool' was invented!

8:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home